Saturday, November 24, 2007

single man .....not looking anymore

SINGLE MAN……..NOT LOOKING ANYMORE

Ever since I turned 18 and reaslised that I am single and lonely, I had been on the look out for a girl. A good year following this realization, I soul searched with in myself trying o figure out what kinda girl I would like. When mah standards were laid down I could see that finding one who fit the bill would be rather difficult in mah near bouts. But I didn’t lose hope and decided to continue mah quest.
During these periods besides gaining a reputation as a flirt..(Though no one can give good definition of that) ….i had few near hits. I wouldn’t even call them near hits considering the fact that they never took off. But hope still remained and I trudged along.

For 4 years I continued this quest. During that period I have realized this oxymoronic situation existed in my case. Girls I was not attracted to….considered me a nice, funny and good friendly guy. On the other hand, gals I indeed were attracted to ended up thinking I was one with an attitude…shit…asshole….immature ..etc and so many more not so nice stuff.
I just could be too hard on myself. I aint that sure. It is all in perspective when u look at it. For just for name sake of being hooked, I could have been so long ago. I aint that bad a looking guy, so there is no reason why not. But to do so I would be compromising on certain things I was looking in a girl and would be subduing certain traits about myself.
I didn’t do any of this! To compromise on the girl wud be being false to myself and unfair on the girl I compromise for. To change mah traits wud be wrong to mayself..cos these are the traits that define me as an individual and repel most gals away...sad as it may seem. I aint just a guy who was looking for a void to stick mah phallus in (though up there at list of priorities). At the expense of sounding crude and romantic at the same time, I want someone I wud love just to talk to between the times we were doing it. Suffice to say I was still single.
Soon the state of affairs made me dwell moe deeply and ask a question…..why?
A friends…,a gal at that, once suggested that it was because I am guy who is an open book or appeared to be so. This lack of mystery in me, I am told it aint that great a trait especially combined with a frank attitude. Ask me about anything….i would tell what I do think about it. Ask me about myself.. I would easily tell u what’s what. Then to top it all….in keeping with essence of that attitude I too ask lot of questions. In the end I appear as a guy moving very fast. What can I say... I am a full throttle guy running purely on enthusiasm and energy trying to make the rest of me match my brain. Thus my natural exuberant wild nature many a times came across to many females as…..for lack of better word….idiotic!!!
An amusing situation as a perfect example would be when a gal who after getting to be comfortable with me a little more admitted that when he friends and her initially interacted with me, their initial impression of me was that I was a ‘dumbo’.. (her exact words). Of course she admitted over a period of month she had changed her opinion to…’ he is okay!!’ Not much but definitely better than ‘dumbo’. This story just amused me and made me more resolved to be just myself because I like what I am.
So many such personal quirks and eccentricities of mine have come in the way of a soul mate. But I rather have a gal out there who wud love me for these eccentricities and identify with it……sign……hopefully!!

Now I am 22. finished college and out in the rat race and living off mah on sweat. It has brought me to the city of Mumbai. A city whose charms are enchanting and still a lt more waiting to be discovered. Considering the variety of people that resides in this city the possibility of me just finding a gal is more unlike mah college which was situated in a back country far away from civilization location known as Calicut. But now I aint looking anymore. At lest not trying to look or keep it in the top priorities. I have decide not revolve mah activities around this any more.

Why so u may ask??


I am indeed lonelier than ever. But from many talks with many friends who seems to have found their soul mates have constantly said the same point….

Love cometh when u not looking!!


So I have decided to give this oxymoronic theory a shot. I have decided to live mah life not revolving around the purpose of meeting any gals. I am going to coaching classes….not to meet gals but to train myself. I am going to clubs….not to meet babes but to dance mah heart out. I am going to pubs…not to meet babes but to have a nice drink and listen to good music. I go to plays and shws…not to meet he babes but to satisfy mah artsy input and needs.
This plan I realize has more chances of success.
Since I aint looking. I aint talking.
Since I aint talking…I aint volunteering anything about me or asking too much back.
Since I aint doing those….i appear more mysterious.
See… it can work. Also since I am already doing things I am enthusiastic about…the babes coming at theses places are those who probably wud share similar interest. So I don’t have to worry about appearing over enthusiastic or exuberant. I would just appear as a guy deeply involved in what’s going on. Of course I am still horny as ever. But shall manage as always.


So hre I declare in this public world of the web…here is a single man not looking anymore for anyone…….
so he may at last have some chance for finding someone.

……………………………………..
………………………………………
……………………………………..
…………………………………
P.S

If any gals interested after reading this…do give a buzz….i aint expecting it…but are free to buzz!!!

6 comments:

Matt said...

i couldnt have said all that better myself!
Thats who you are, brother .. and if a girl cant appreciate those traits in you, show her your boot! (and your 'swinging freedom' maybe? :p )
But, is time running out? Is it time you get desperate for a girl? Hell no! One day, out of the blue .. 'she' is gonna turn up ..

ramer...thoughts on an overdrive!! said...

exactly dude...thanks man!!

Chellu said...

dude...mostly when u stop looking for a girl,u'll find girl looking at u..so best wishes :P

ramer...thoughts on an overdrive!! said...

glad u see it that way bhadra..!!

Unknown said...

hey come on yaar...u r 22 not 62 for gods sake!!! its not like ur life is coming to an end and u will die all alone and lonely....hvnt u heard those lovely words ..
when u want it the most, there's no easy way out.
when ur ready to go but ur heart's left in doubt.
dont give up on ur faith, love comes to those who belive it....
and that the way it is...


so hv faith my frd.. :)

ramer...thoughts on an overdrive!! said...

ohh i have faith...this may nth strategy i am using to get results!!

beside this is ust humorous post i thought up when mah freind adviced the line!!