Monday, March 17, 2008

The wait

The wait

Patience is a virtue that is much advertised about. It is indeed a great one to have. I am especially a patient person. I have amazing patience with people and many other things. But the question I wanna ask is when it is too much?
When is having patience to a degree beyond necessary!?

I am writing this as I sit and wait for someone. Is it testing my patience? No, cos I am used to it. And probably I would wait even more, but I wonder to what extend. My patience isn’t strained at this point. I am not irritated. I have been waiting for an hour now and probably could wait an hour more. But is it worth it?

I hate wasting my time. I am a guy who likes planning my day to the minute. But ever since this patience for a wait set in. I have grown less respectful for my time in the same degree others have. Is that right?

Sometimes I wish I had no patience with people. The ability to get angry and let it out is actually a great one. A ability I wish I always could easily call forth for. But my sense of reason always argues and fizzle out any such rising emotion. Maybe its also that I have no guts to burst forth. Unlikely but possible too.

The last time I do remember getting real angry (mind u this based on my rather poor memory) was in 10th standard where I literally blew and pounced on a guy whacking him. Oh I hated that feeling then but nowadays I wish I could call it forth now. Not to whack anyone but at least let them hear a piece of my mind.

But what can I say, even as I sit typing this written form of a rant I am anything but blowing steam through my ears. In contrast, writing this is probably just letting me cool down.

So what was again the purpose of this article.


Sighhhh………………..to let of steam…what else!?


Wait another hour and u may see a second one!

No comments: