Thursday, March 13, 2008

BORE THE DUM!!

BORE THE DUM!!


I have read the news for the day. I read all the gossips in the newspaper. You can only call them gossips now since none seem worthy to be called news. I finished picking my nose and licking away the coffee stain on my pant. After doing all this fulfilling activities I was bored. Of course I did the earlier activities on the account that I was bored but the difference now is that I have no other worth while activities to divulge myself in.

I could as usual doodle, but I am bored of drawing profiles of rather twisted faces that I see in my head. I could research online for places I can go for my usual romantic tryst (read steaming hot sex) with my girl friend but scourges of the corporate has blocked my success to find such places. I have already tried out the different connotations brewed by the coffee machine and my imaginative mind ( esp the lemon coco coffee combo, the tasteful worthiness of which shall be discussed elsewhere), so that options out too.

I could, as part of preparations to my ..ahem…romantic tryst, send sweet nothing mails to my gal all day but unfortunately she seems busy all day or even worse has unfavourable thoughts on the romantic tryst slated for later on. Also in the same spirit I could mail irritating & humorous mails to many people and bug them. That’s cos the mails are humorous to me and irritating to them. But I seemed to have forwarded all I have.

I can’t read a book here and even if I could I have finished whatever books I had. My mp3 is not working which on later reflection is good cos I didn’t like the songs I had in it . I couldn’t change the songs cos the bloody software is screwed up and I can’t change the songs. So no music for me.

I could indulge in self attentive activities like pulling dandruff from my hair…but no more dandruff left (the shampoo worked too well). I could pull hair from my nose or arse, but too painful. I realise now my options are shifting from a rather mindless to a disgustingly gross activity. I could take a walk but I too lazy and it’s hot. I could eat but it aint time for lunch yet and later I would get more hungry if I have an early lunch. I could indulge in a nice little chat with my colleagues but them aint as bored as I am. Their bloody loss I say!. Calling some poor sod on the phone and chatting is also an option but I was one never for on the phone impersonal gossiping. I feel more in touch with online IMing but here too the scourges of the corporate have their blighted hands at play.

Unfortunately things are getting desperate now. The more I became bored, the drowsier I was getting. But unfortunately my company had a strict no sleeping at work policy and they frown at even a small nap. The options are now dwindling and I am getting more bored of thinking of options. My eyelids are now feeling rather heavy with weight of boredom and lethargy that has been induced by the boredom. I am frantically searching for options. At this moment counting ceiling panels seems inviting, so does making paper planes. But the first options was glaringly dumb and the second a waste of paper and I knew not origami.

In the end I just took a pen and started writing. I wonder if this is how great writers are born. Maybe not writers but I am convinced surely columnists!

No comments: